To give away a beat as a free download, you'll first want to check that you've got a usage agreement in place (this isn't mandatory, but is useful if you want to restrict usage). We do provide a template which you can use and edit, or you can write your own. If you don't wish to have an agreement in place then skip to step 2 of this tutorial
1. To create a free download agreement head to Dashboard > Music & Media > Beats > Free Download (or click here). Click New from Template to start with the default agreement or New Agreement to start with a blank agreement. Edit the agreement and once you are happy with it, click Save at the bottom of the page. You can also edit your existing agreements by selecting them from the drop down menu
2. Then head back to Music & Media > Beats and select your beats using the check box to the left of each beat.
3. Select 'Free Download' at the top of the page. Now you can choose to add or remove the free download option for the selected beat(s), select the agreement (or no agreement) that will govern the free download and choose the file type - we recommend tagged. If you select an agreement then the person downloading your beat will have to agree to these terms before downloading the beat
4. Choose whether to give exchange free downloads for a Twitter follow, Airbit follow, Youtube subscription, for an email address, or for nothing. You'll need to link the social accounts if you've not done so already, by clicking Connect Now, which will take you to the social integration page in your Dashboard
5. Cick Save and you're done.
If exchanging downloads for email addresses, you will need to set up your email marketing if you want people to be added to your email list after obtaining the free download. If you haven't set this up already, head to Dashboard > Selling Tools > Connect Mailing Lists to link your Aweber, GetResponse or Mailchimp account
You can view the email integration setup guide here.